Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Chicago Blackhawks - Stanley Cup Champions

Just today, a little while ago, The Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. I wasn't able to watch the entire game but I did get to see the end and the final OT goal that won the game.

Today is a day I'll remember for a long time, at least until my memory goes. The Blackhawks were the last of the Chicago teams that I have never seen win the 'big game'. I'm excluding the Cubs here because I'm hardcore Southsider and the Sox are my baseball team.

Since the Bears won the SuperBowl in 1986 I've always wanted and hoped to see all of the Chicago teams I cheer on win. In 1991 - 1993 and then again in 1996 -1998 the Bulls posted not one but two three-peat seasons. So I was able to see the Bulls win the NBA finals for six years within a decade.

What I wanted to see very badly though was my beloved White Sox win the World Series. Well in 2005 my wish came true. The White Sox had a great year that year and took the whole thing. I was a very happy Chicago sports fan.

I only had one final wish and that was to see my last team The Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup. That is what happened today. From a Chicago sports fan point of view, my viewing pleasure is complete. It's a great day for me!

He Shoots! He Scores!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
www.website-hit-counters.com
http://www.website-hit-counters.com