Sunday, March 21, 2010

WTF? - Weather That's Freaky

I've lived in the Chicagoland area my entire life (44 years) and while you get used to drastic changes in the weather, every now and then it still finds a way to surprise me. An old saying around here is; 'If you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes'. There's a good reason for that saying.

Friday March 19th, was the last full day of Winter. The weather here was beautiful. My truck was showing me a temperature of 68 degrees F, and it was bright and sunny during the day. Even at 1am when I was heading home from work the temperature was still something like 48.

Around 10am on Saturday the 20th all that changed. I woke up just about then saw the temperature was around 34 and it looked like this:



And this:



Saturday was the first official day of spring. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
www.website-hit-counters.com
http://www.website-hit-counters.com