Friday, December 24, 2010

Friday is Artificial Life Form Day

So I tried the Walken thing for awhile, now I want to start another series. This one I’m calling artificial-life-form Fridays. I’ll be taking a look at any and all androids, robots or cyborgs I can think of. They can come from movies, television shows, cartoons, comics, books or just about anywhere else. I’ll do a different one every Friday. That should keep me busy for awhile. I’ll start off this first installment with Rosie, the robotic maid from the cartoon ‘The Jetsons’.



As anyone might know ‘The Jetsons’ was the creation of Hanna Barbera and was their futuristic version of a family much like their popular ‘The Flintstones.’ The show mostly centered on George Jetson who would continually find ways of getting himself in trouble, much like his prehistoric counterpart Fred Flintstone.

Rosie was the somewhat outdated but thoroughly loved member of ‘The Jetsons’. She was not only the maid of the family but also surrogate mother, disciplinarian, friend, confidant and advice giver. Rosie was not in many episodes but she was in enough that you knew she was a valued member of their family.

Rosie had little compartments built into her that she could produce things from whenever it was needed. Way ahead of her time, Rosie was completely sentient and had a wide range of emotion. The two emotions she seemed to show the most were sadness and anger. Even so she also cared very much for her human family and she herself was perhaps more human than them at times.

Next week:
In keeping with the cartoons and Hanna Barbera we’ll be looking at Dynomutt!

3 comments:

  1. There are so many artificial life forms. Why limit it to robots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That said. I love Rosie too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you stopped by. I'm going to cover androids and cyborgs too. Check out my third sentence. God knows there are lots to cover. Of course everything I'll be putting up here will be fictional caracters. I don't know that much about true ALFs.

    But I'm pretty well versed on the ficticious ones......remember geek here and all.

    Come back again and read next weeks, Dynomutt! Can you feel the excitement?.......Ok not really but next week.......

    ReplyDelete

 
www.website-hit-counters.com
http://www.website-hit-counters.com