Monday, November 23, 2009

AF Books (Originally posted October 7, 2009)

So I took a long ride this weekend out to a comic shop named AF Books (Amazing Fantasy). They are the sister store of the publisher Moonstone Books. It was quite a ride for me as all of their stores are pretty far out. They have 4 locations in; Calumet City, Frankfort, Lockport and Tinley Park. I chose to go to the one in Frankfort althought the one in Tinley Park probably would have been a better choice for me. All of their locations are pretty far from me so if I do go out there it probably won't be to often.

But I did go this one time and it was pretty awesome! Did I say it was a comic shop? Well that's not an accurate description of the place. A better description would be geek heaven I think. They had everything. Comics of course but they also had books, RPGs (Role-Playing Games), Anime comics, statues, toys, T-shirts and much more. The store was not that incredibly big but there was a lot of merchandise and I didn't feel like I was over crowded or anything. They have the store set up to utilize space and they did a great job at it. I understand the Calumet City store is the big location so I can't even imagine what they have there.

Because they are a the sister company to Moonstone Books they offer a 20% discount on all items by the publisher. This was a big surprise to me and I was very happy to hear that because I had gone to the store in search of graphic novels put out by Moonstone. They also did have what I was looking for and I was one pretty happy comic geek by the time I was heading home.

Like I said I don't know how often I will be able to get out that way but I'm looking forward to the next time I do. If you find yourself near any of their locations and you have an interest in comics I would suggest stopping by. I think you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
www.website-hit-counters.com
http://www.website-hit-counters.com